Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The creepy customer

It had to have been a full moon tonight because no one can be that creepy on a normal night.
A tall man wearing a filthy yellow Carhartt jacket walked up to the end of the bar and stared at me until I walked over to him. His brown eyes seemed to be looking into a different dimension or something because it felt like he couldn’t even see me. When I asked him what he wanted he ordered a shot of tomato juice, nothing mixed in with it, just plain old tomato juice. What kind of person orders a shot of plain old tomato juice? He slammed it down as soon as I set it in front of him and then he asked if I had an ice pick he could borrow so he could clean the wax out of his ears. “Hell no” I said and turned away from him to help the other customers at the bar.

I thought he would just go away after I was so abrupt with him but he just stood there and stared at me until I finally told him to get the hell outa the bar. He just smiled and said “The earworms are coming to get you.” And then he turned and walked away. I have no idea what earworms are and I don’t really care but now my skin feels all creepy crawly and I can’t stop scratching my arms every time I think about some stupid worms coming to get me. Why do I get all the crazy ones on my shift?

No comments:

Post a Comment